Any policy admin can export to Xero, but only the preferred exporter will see reports that are ready for export in their Inbox.
Export to Xero as bills awaiting payment with the following additional settings:
- Bill date — either the report's submitted date, the report's exported date, or the date of the last expense on the report (set in the Export tab)
Non-reimbursable expense (such as company card transactions) export to Xero as bank transactions with one transaction per line-item (expense) created in the bank account of your choice.
If you are centrally managing your company cards through Domain Control, you can export expenses from each individual card to a specific account in Xero (detailed instructions here).
Export from Expensify to Xero
- Navigate to the Reports page and select the reports you wish to export
- Click Export to > Xero. It is important to note that only the admin that is connected to Xero in Expensify will be able to export expense reports from Expensify to Xero.
- Exported reports will be marked in Expensify with a small Xero icon:
- A link to the expense in Xero will be posted as a report comment on the bottom of the report:
- A link to the report in Expensify will be added to the purchase bill or bank transaction in Xero via the Go to Expensify button:
Still looking for answers? Search our Community for more content on this topic!