Important: If your company invited you to Expensify, skip step 1 and wait for your invitation email. It's important that you click the validation link sent to your work email before starting. Didn't receive an email? Ask your Expensify admin to invite you before moving forward.
Starting from scratch with Expensify? Follow the directions below!
Step 1: Concierge will help you get set up! If you are an individual using Expensify:
- Submit: This will guide through setting up a policy configured to automatically submit your expenses to the person you specify.
- Collect: If you're setting up your company, head to Day 1 with Expensify (Admins/Accountants). The "Collect" option likely isn't for you as an individual submitter!
- Track: You'll be able to start using your account for tax tracking. This free version will allow you 10 free SmartScans per month, and you can always upgrade!
Step 2: Download our mobile app
Step 3: Learn about SmartScan and firstname.lastname@example.org. They are your friends!
In both cases, SmartScan will automatically extract your expense details. SmartScan will even attach your receipts to imported credit card transactions! So toss those paper receipts, burn them, or - and we don't recommend this - eat them. Just don't you dare put that paper receipt back in your pocket. We'll take it from here.
Step 4: Submit your report!
Or better yet, let Scheduled Submit create your report and submit it on your behalf.
Step 5: Remember the Inbox!
When you log in, this is where you will go to see your "to-do" list for any expenses blocked on you. Check out our Inbox article to learn more.
Step 6: Visual learner instead? Check these out.
Take a few minutes to watch our short and sweet videos. They'll show you how to use Expensify, from SmartScan to reimbursement!
1. SmartScan and Getting Reimbursed (Please note that our ACH reimbursement is only available in the US at this time. If you are located outside the US, you will be paid externally by you organization.)
2. How to use email@example.com from a primary or secondary email address.
3. Creating map or GPS expenses? Here's how!