This article covers:
Adding a Secondary Login
Adding a secondary email address allows you to log into your account and also forward receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org from either email. This will need to be done from the web, and you will not be able to add a secondary email using the mobile app.
Note that you can't edit an existing email address, so you will just need to add a secondary email to account for this change.
- On the web, click the User Icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen > Account Settings .
- Scroll down to the Secondary Logins section.
- Click Add Secondary Login
- Expensify will send an email to the address that you input.
- Click Confirm Email to validate that address and confirm this as a secondary login.
- Once you've done this, you will be able to log in to Expensify with either/any email address listed here!
- After you've created a secondary login, you also have the ability to make that secondary login your primary login (note: your company may restrict this option). To make that change, simply click Make Primary. You can then remove the old email address if you'd like.
Important note: Secondary logins can only be added if the email address is not an existing Expensify account. If the account already exists, you must merge accounts, below.
If you are a member of a company that has Domain Control enabled, you can add your personal email as a secondary login. That will allow you to forward receipts from a personal email address into email@example.com.
Merging Two Accounts
To merge two accounts, please head to Expensify.com as this won't be an action you can take on the mobile app.
- Once you've logged in, click the blue arrow next to your picture in the upper left hand corner of the screen, then click Account Settings
- Scroll to the Merge Accounts section and fill in the fields.
This will merge the two accounts into one. All of the reports, imported cards, secondary logins and most settings will be brought into your new account. Be careful because merging accounts is not reversible!
- Emails are tied to expense policies, and because of this, your workflow in Admin > Policies > [Policy Name] > People may be affected; for instance, if you are merging with an admin account. Please check the workflow of your expense policies after the merge to make sure the correct email is listed!
- Emails that are under two different domains cannot be merged together while domain control is active on both domains. Example: Domain Control is active for company.com and companyhq.com. Joe works for both companies and wants to merge his accounts. He cannot merge until the domain control of eithercompany.com or companyhq.com is removed. Once that is done, he can merge the non-domain control account into the other account successfully.
- Email addresses under the same domain with domain control active can be merged after one Expensify account is made for each email address. Please reach out to your domain admin to make sure they invite both email addresses to the domain control members.