SmartScan combined with what we like to call the Perfect Setup will automate the expense reporting process so you can focus on other things.
Read below about our automated features for policies, including:
- Scheduled Submit (Automatic Report Creation and Submission)
- Default Report Titles
- Automatic Report Approval
- Automatic Reimbursement
Scheduled Submit, which is turned on by default for all new policies created, automatically opens and creates a report for you. It will also submit for your employees (assuming there are no policy violations) based on the frequency you select.
It's so cool, we have a whole article all about it! Read more about Scheduled Submit.
Default Report Titles
Default Report Titles allow admins to create a default title format for reports on a given policy. This feature also gives admins the optional ability to enforce report titles, so that they cannot be modified by employees. This means that admins have consistency in the naming convention when reviewing reports, and employees don't have to go through the extra step of typing in a name for every report they create.
The Default Report Titles feature is found in Admin > [policy name] > Reports.
You can configure the title by using the macros that we provide to populate the Report Title. Please note that you can use a combination of macros and text for this feature. Our Custom Formulas page is a great place to look for any combination of ready-made macros that will populate exactly what you need in the report title field.
Here is a screenshot of where to configure Default Report Titles:
And you're done! Once you enable the feature and set up the naming convention, all reports created under this policy going forward will use this format.
Automatic Report Approval
No longer must you wade through seas of reports clicking "Approve!" Just set up your policy to capture all the requirements you have for your expenses, and let Auto-Approval do the rest!
Here's how it works:
- Set up your policy such that all of your expense requirements are defined. Setting automatic categories for employees and category rules (e.g., maximum amounts, receipt requirements, etc.) are great examples! Expenses that violate your policy's settings will not be automatically approved.
- Ensure you have a Submit-and-Approve or Advanced Approval workflow turned on.
- Employees submit their reports, and we do all the heavy lifting for you! We'll automatically approve any reports we can; the only approvals you'll have to do are for those not meeting policy settings.
As a policy admin, you can verify Auto-Approval is enabled by going to Admin > [select policy] > People and scrolling down to Auto Approve Reports.
Tired of having to go through two separate processes just to initiate a reimbursement? If an expense has the green-light to be reimbursed simply because it's been approved already, Auto-Reimbursement is perfect for you!
Keep in mind, this is only available in the U.S.
Here's how it works:
- An expense report is approved (hint: Auto-Approval makes this much less painful!) and queued for reimbursement.
- With Auto-Reimbursement turned on, we'll automatically reimburse the report (for the reimbursable total) using the withdrawal account set in the policy's settings.
- [optional] Set an Auto-Reimbursement limit for the maximum amount for which you'll allow reports to be automatically reimbursed. All report amounts over this limit will require manual reimbursement.
As a policy admin, you can verify Auto-Approval is enabled by going to Admin > [select policy] > Reimbursement.