Taking over an existing policy and need to be responsible for billing? The Billing Owner will be the account responsible for owning the billing card, which is held in their Account Settings.
If you need more guidance on managing your policy(ies) as an admin, make sure to check out:
Take Over Billing
We bill our customers each month on a policy-by-policy basis, based off the amount of active users in each policy. (If you want to be billed for all Expensify policies for your company, then you'll just repeat step #3 from below for each policy.)
In order to become a Billing Owner (take over ownership of a policy), you must:
- Be a Policy Admin on the policy
- Add a billing card to your own account
- Take over billing of the policy
1. Be a Policy Admin on the policy
If you see the below view when trying to access a policy or don't see an Admin tab on your account at all, then that means that you are not a Policy Admin for the particular policy that you're trying to take over. You'll need to be granted admin rights by an existing Policy Admin on that policy.
2. Have or place a billing card on file on the account that is taking over billing as Billing Owner. To do this, go to the blue settings icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen > Account Settings > Billing > Add Billing Card:
3. Take over billing of the policy
To do this go to Admin > [select policy] > Overview > Take Over Billing
That's it! Each month, you (as the new Billing Owner) will receive an email with the receipt for the policies that you own. The receipt is also accessible through the Receipts tab on your Expensify account.
View Billing History
You will need to do this from the billing owner's account.
From the billing owner's account, please click the blue settings cog at the upper right hand corner of the screen >Account Settings > Billing
Scroll down to see your monthly active user count and link to the receipt for each month.