Need to track expenses for the purpose of on-charging them to your customers? Expensify has just the tool to help.
- If you don't, then select None which will turn this feature off.
- If you only re-bill some expenses, select Some which will enable the billable expenses feature and set the default preference on new expenses to Non-Billable.
- If you re-bill most or all expenses, select All which will enable the billable expenses feature and set the default preference on new expenses to Billable.
If you want to change your settings after setting up your policy, you can easily do that on the Expenses page within the Policy Settings, which can be found by clicking Admin and then selecting the name of your policy.
If your policy is connected to Xero, QuickBooks Online, NetSuite or Intacct, you can export billable expenses to be invoiced to customers. To set this up, go to the Coding tab in the Connection configuration settings and for:
- Xero enable Billable Expenses
- QuickBooks Online enable Customers/Jobs
- NetSuite enable Customers and/or Projects (Jobs)
- Intacct enable Customers and/or Projects.
To export a billable expense, it must be marked as Billable and coded with a Customer/Project/Job.