Topics covered in this article:
- Expensify Not Displaying Customers
- Error Adding an Employee Email Address in Sage Intacct
- Not Seeing User Application Subscriptions
- Not Seeing the 'Time & Expenses' Module
- Reports Going to 'Submitted' or 'Draft' State Instead of 'Approved' When Exported to Sage Intacct
- Company Card Expenses Exporting to the Wrong Account
- Why Can't I Export Without a Category Selected?
- Where Can I Find My Expenses?
When multi-currency is enabled in your Sage Intacct account, we will export the output currency that is set in your Expensify policy. If the vendor or account in Sage Intacct is in a different currency, Intacct will do the conversion using the Intacct daily rate.
The only known issue with having multi-currency enabled in Sage Intacct is when exporting as charge card transactions. These cannot be exported at the top-level so you will need to select an entity in the configuration of your Expensify Policy by going to Admin > [Policy] > Connections > Configure.
We are currently unable to support tax export with our Sage Intacct integration.
Expensify Not Displaying Customers
This is most likely a permissions issue. The resolution is to verify that the web services user (the user that "owns" the Sage Intacct connection in Expensify) has "Read-Only" permissions to the Accounts Receivable module in Sage Intacct.
To do that, go to Company > Users > Subscriptions (for the web services user) > Permissions (for AR) > select the Read Only radio button option > Save. Then sync the Sage Intacct connection in Expensify (Admin > [Policy Name] > Connections > Sync Now).
Error Adding an Employee Email Address in Sage Intacct
You have two different Employees with the same email address set up. To resolve this, delete the duplicate employee in Sage Intacct then sync the connection in Expensify by going to Admin > Policies > [Policy Name] > Connections > Sync Now.
An employee email address cannot be added in the employee listing within in Sage Intacct (there is no email field). Instead, you need to add/edit the employee email address by going to Company > Contacts and searching for the employee in the list.
Not Seeing User Application Subscriptions
In step one of the Sage Intacct setup guide, when you create a user in Sage Intacct and hit Save, you should be taken to a menu called User Application Subscriptions where you can set the user's permissions.
If you don't see this menu, then you'll need to create an Expensify "role". To do this in Sage Intacct:
- Go to Company > Roles > Add
- Name the role "Expensify"
- Give the role the following permissions:
- Administration: All
- Company: Read-only
- Cash management: All
- Time & Expense: All
- Projects: Read-only (only required if you're going to be using Projects and Customers)
After you've done this, click Save.
Next, create the web services user with the following:
- User ID: “xmlgateway_expensify"
- Last name and First name: "Expensify"
- Email address: your shared accounting team email address
- User type: "Business"
- Admin privileges: "Full"
- Status: "Active"
- Web services only: this box should be checked
Finally, select the "Permissions" tab and assign the new "Expensify" role to the new web services user you just created. Hit Save.
Not Seeing the 'Time & Expenses' Module
In a role-based permissions setup, log into Sage Intacct and navigate to:
- Company > Roles > Subscriptions (for your user role in Sage Intacct)
- Check "Time & Expenses"
- Click "Save"
Charge Card Configuration is Missing
You'll see this error if you're attempting to export non-reimbursable (company card) expenses to Sage Intacct and you haven't yet set up a credit card account (or credit card accounts). We export non-reimbursable expenses as charge card transactions, so it's required that you have these set up.
To set up charge card accounts in Sage Intacct:
- Head to to to Cash Management > Open Setup > "+" Charge Card Accounts
- Mandatory fields should be:
- ID (this is the name that will appear in the dropdown in Expensify, so use a name that you'll recognize!),
- Payment Method (Credit)
- Expiration (you'll still need to fill this out but it doesn't matter in the case that you just have one roll up card account)
- Credit-card offset account (this is the account that's credited when the expense posts)
- Default location (location you want transactions associated with),
- Vendor ID (likely the bank/card vendor that you'll be paying)
- After this you'll go to Expensify > Admin > [Policy Name] > Connections > Configure > Export > select the account that you'll want to use > "Save"
Note: If you have multiple credit card accounts, you'll need to follow the instructions on this page for configuring those (it's a slightly different process in Expensify).
Reports Going to 'Submitted' or 'Draft' State Instead of 'Approved' When Exported to Sage Intacct
Go to Sage Intacct > Time & Expenses > Configure Time & Expenses > uncheck "Enable expense report approval."
After this, in Expensify go to Admin > [Policy Name] > Connections > Sync Now
Company Card Expenses Exporting to the Wrong Account
There are a couple of factors that might cause your company card transactions to export to the wrong place in your accounting system. The first thing you'll want to do is make sure that the cards have been mapped to the correct accounts through domain control. Once that's been confirmed, double check the following:
Is the report exporter a Domain Admin?
The user exporting the report must be a Domain Admin. You can check the Report History & Comments section near the bottom of an individual report to see who exported it.
If your reports are being exported automatically by Concierge, the user listed as thePreferred Exporter under Admin > [Policy Name] > Connections > Configure must be a domain admin as well.
If the report exporter is not a domain admin, all company card expenses will export to the default account selected in the Non-Reimbursable section of your Export configuration settings under Admin > [Policy Name] > Connections > Configure.
Has the card been mapped under the correct policy?
If you have multiple policies connected to the same accounting system, there will be a separate list of accounts displayed for each policy. Unless you choose an account listed under the same policy as the report you are exporting, expenses will export to the default account.
Why Can't I Export Without a Category Selected?
When connecting to Sage Intacct, the chart of accounts is pulled in to be used as categories on expense. Each expense is required to have a category selected within Expensify in order to export.
Each category also has to be imported in from Sage Intacct, and cannot be manually created in the policy settings of Expensify.
Where Can I Find My Expenses?
Expenses will export based on the configurations selected in your policy settings. The configurations can be viewed by following Admin > [Policy Name] > Connections > Configure > Export page.
Check out our Export Options page to learn more about how your expenses can be sent to Sage Intacct!
Still looking for answers? Search our Community for more content on this topic!