QuickBooks Online expense accounts will be automatically imported into Expensify as Categories
- After connecting, go to Admin > [Policy Name] > Categories to see the accounts imported from QuickBooks Online.
- Use the enable/disable button to choose which Categories to make available to your employees, and set Category specific rules via the blue settings cog.
- If necessary, edit the names of imported Categories to make expense coding easier for your employees.
- If you use Items in QuickBooks Online then you can also import them into Expensify as Categories.
Please note that each expense has to have a category selected in order to export to QuickBooks Online. The selected category has to be imported in from QuickBooks Online and cannot be manually created within the policy settings.
Classes and/or Customers/Projects
If you use Classes and/or Customers/Projects in QuickBooks Online you can import those into Expensify as Tags or Report Fields:
- Tags lets you apply a Class and/or Customer/Project to each expense
- Report Fields lets you apply a Class and/or Customer/Project to all expenses on a report.
Locations can be imported into Expensify as a Report Field or, if you export reimbursable expenses as Journal Entries and non-reimbursable expenses as Credit/Debit Card then you can choose to import Locations as Tags.
If you use Items in QuickBooks Online then you can import Items defined with Purchasing Information (with or without Sales Information) into Expensify as Categories.
Our tax tracking feature allows you to apply a tax rate and tax amount to each expense
- Enable Tax tracking in the connection configuration and the purchasing taxes setup in QuickBooks Online will automatically be imported into Expensify as Taxes
- After connecting, go to Admin > [Policy Name] > Tax to see the taxes imported from QuickBooks Online
- Use the enable/disable button to choose which taxes to make available to your employees
- Select a default tax to apply to the Company Policy (this will automatically apply to all new expenses)
Please note that tax cannot currently be exported to Journal Entries in QuickBooks Online.
For more information on Tax with QuickBooks Online click here.
Expensify will initiate a daily sync, keeping your information current and reducing errors caused by out-of-date QuickBooks Online data, as well as saving you time with syncing.
Still looking for answers? Search our Community for more content on this topic!