This article covers:
- Install the Expensify bundle in SalesForce by clicking this link: Expensify Bundle
- If you are installing in a sandbox account, use this link: Expensify Sandbox Bundle
- Create both a User and a Contact for yourself if these don't already exist in FinancialForce making sure the email matches your primary email in Expensify.
- Create contacts for each employee who will be submitting expense reports. Make sure each contact's email address corresponds with the email address on the employee's Expensify account.
- Each report approver needs both a User and a Contact. The user does not need to have a SalesForce license. These can be free chatter users.
- Set permission control for your user for each contact/resource. To do this, go to Permission Controls
Create a new permission control and set yourself (exporter) as the user and then select the resource (report submitter). Grant all available permissions.
Next, you'll need to make sure all your projects have the correct permissions. You want to go to Projects > select a project > Project Attributes > Allow Expenses Without Assignment for any project you are exporting to. Select the project and click Edit, then under the Project Attributes section, make sure this option is checked:
Then, make sure all your Expense Types are set up. To do this, go to Main Menu > + symbol > Expense Type GLA Mappings. If you need to add any, you can click New.
Connecting your policy
Go to Settings > Policies > Groups > [Policy Name] > Connections and click Connect to FinancialForce
Click Create a New FinancialForce Connection and you'll be redirected to login to your FinancialForce account. Once you login, you'll be redirected back to Expensify and the sync will start.
Still looking for answers? Search our Community for more content on this topic!