This article covers:
This action will need to be done from the website at Expensify.com. You are not able to delete your account on the mobile app.
How to delete your account
To delete your account, head to Settings > Your Account > Account Details and scroll to the Delete Account section.
Be sure the check the "Yes, I understand this is not reversible" box and select "Delete My Account".
You'll be asked to verify your email or phone number and your account will subsequently be deleted.
Troubleshooting and FAQ
Why can't I delete my account?
Expensify doesn't allow account deletion if you retain any individual responsibility for a Policy within Expensify. Outlined below are reasons for this:
- Your account being under Domain Control - Your account must be deleted by a Domain Admin from their Domain Control > [Domain Name] > Domain Members page. (If you retain a secondary personal login, you can delete this afterwards by following the instructions above).
- You are the only remaining Domain Admin for your company domain - You must appoint another Domain Admin from the Settings > Domain Control > [Domain Name] > Domain Admins page or delete the domain completely before you can delete your account.
- Being the Policy Billing Owner with an Annual Subscription - You must downgrade from Annual before you can delete the account or have another user Take Over Billing for your Policies
- You own a company Policy or an amount past due to Expensify - You must either make the payment, have another user Take Over Billing, request a refund from your first bill or delete the offending Policy before deleting your account.
- Being the "Preferred Exporter" for your Policy Integration - You must update the Preferred Exporter for your Policy before deleting your account. Follow Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Connections > Configure and select any Policy Admin in the dropdown for Preferred Exporter.
NOTE AGAIN: Deleting your account is not reversible!
If you're still running into problems with deleting your account and the issue appears to be none of the above, don't hesitate to Contact Us and we'll do our best to put it right!