Expensify’s integration with Workday saves you hours of manual work managing employees with a fully customizable direct connection.
Automatically invite new employees to Expensify and maintain current employees. The Workday integration will keep all employee details up to date in Expensify including email address, home subsidiary, approval workflows, and more. Optionally, employees can be automatically removed from their primary policy on their termination date.
What does the Workday Integration do?
The Workday Integration can:
- Provision new employees in Expensify: Automatically invite employees to the correct Expensify policy based on the data in Workday.
- Update employees and approval workflows: Any changes to employee email, manager, department, or home office are automatically updated in Expensify.
- Restrict expense submission to employee's home policy: Automatically add employees to Domain Groups to restrict employees' primary policy selection. This allows managers to approve in multiple policies, but only submit to one policy.
- Store employee data to export on custom exports: You can store Employee ID, Payroll ID, Department Code, and more.
- Deprovision employees: Optionally remove employees from their home policy on their termination date.
How does the integration work?
Here are the steps required to set up the Workday Integration:
- First, create a new custom Employee Demographics Data Report in Workday, outputting to JSON format, which contain the required fields listed below and any optional fields you would like to add
- Expensify will access this report daily via the Workday Web Services URL or an SFTP server
- Each day, Expensify will invite any new employee and update existing employees and approval workflows based on the report
The following fields are required:
- Employee Email
- Employee Name
- Employee ID
- Manager Email
- Location, Company Code, or some field that maps each employee to the correct Expensify policy
The following fields are optional:
- Department (Expensify can set tag defaults based on this department)
- Payroll ID (This ID or other IDs can be stored for each employee and included in an export template)
- Active Status/Termination Date (This can be used to optionally deprovision employees)
The Workday integration is available to enterprise customers - please reach out to email@example.com to learn more and see if you qualify!
Still looking for answers? Search our Community for more content on this topic!