Expensify is the perfect tool to manage your company cards. Under Settings > Domain Control > [Domain Name] > Company Cards you can:
- Import and assign cards from a central location as a Domain Admin
- Populate expenses directly to the cardholder’s Expensify account, where they will code and add receipts before the report is submitted for approval and export. SmartScanned receipts will automatically merge with imported card expenses.
- Use the brilliant Reconciliation Dashboard at the end of the month to match your statement and accounting system to Expensify.
- Policy type: Control
- Domain Control: Enabled
- Role: Domain Admin
- Commercial card feed or Direct bank connection enabled
- The user you are assigning the card to must have an account with the company email address
Assign company cards
After connecting your company cards with Expensify, you can assign each card to it's respective cardholder.
To assign cards go to Settings > Domain Control > [Your domain] > Company Cards
If you have more than one card feed, select the correct feed here in the drop-down list in the Company Card section:
1. Select the cardholder
You can search the list for all employees' email addresses.
2. Select the card
You can search the list using the last 4 digits of the card number. If no transactions have posted on the card then the card number will not appear in the list. You can instead assign the card by typing in the full card number in the field.
Note: if you're assigning a card by typing in the full PAN (the full card number), press the ENTER key on your keyboard after typing the full PAN into the card field. The field may clear itself after pressing ENTER, but click Assign anyway and then verify that the assignment shows up in the cardholder table.
3. Set the transaction start date (optional)
Any transactions that were posted prior to this date will not be imported into Expensify. If you do not make a selection, it will default to the earliest available transactions from the card. Note: We can only import data for the time period the bank is releasing to us. It's not possible to override the start date the bank has provided via this tool
4. Click the Assign button.
Once assigned, you will see each cardholder associated with their card:
If you're using NetSuite, Xero, Intacct, Quickbooks Desktop, or QuickBooks Online, you can also connect the card to export to a specific credit card GL account.
Unassign company cards
If a cardholder leaves the organization, click the blue settings cog and click "Unassign." Unassigning a company card will delete any unsubmitted (Open or Unreported) expenses in the cardholder's account.
Note: If expenses are Processing and then rejected, they will also be deleted when they're returned to an Open state as the card they're linked to no longer exists.
Download missing expenses / Update company card(s)
- If a card is missing expenses then updating the card can often help import them into Expensify.
- To update an individual card, click the blue settings cog to the right of the card and click Update.
- If you have a commercial card feed you can update all cards at once, by clicking Update All Cards.
Still looking for answers? Search our Community for more help!
For a live overview of reporting, reconciling and managing company cards, register for our free Company Cards Administration webinar!