If your company is based in the U.S. but doing business abroad, track your expenses in Expensify and then sync to Global VaTax for a maximum VAT refund.
What is VAT?
Value Added Tax (VAT) is a consumption tax applied to goods and services in many countries. VAT-recoverable expenses include hotels, entertainment, conferences, legal and marketing fees, DDP shipping and storage fees, aviation recovery, and other international expenses.
The VAT Refund Process
The VAT refund process is complex and requires a detailed understanding of the regulations and requirements in each country. The VAT rules and rates vary from country to country, and by expense type.
Luckily, expenses tracked in Expensify can be seamlessly synced to Global VaTax for easy VAT analysis, calculation, and reporting. Here's how.
Setting Up the Integration
- Fill out this form and wait for a confirmation email from Global VaTax.
- Click the link in the confirmation email and sign into your Global VaTax account.
- In the "Method of Extraction" section, click "Expensify," then follow the steps to obtain your partner credentials and activate the integration.
- Enter your credentials and extraction dates, then click submit
- VaTax Cloud will begin automatically calculating your VAT rates for each eligible expense line item, per expense type, in each country.
- Within a few hours, you'll receive an email that your VAT potential analysis report is ready for review.
Your VAT reclaim will be prepared in the necessary languages and submitted to the appropriate tax agents in each country.
After your VAT reclaim has been submitted, you'll be able to track it via the Submission analysis report in Global VaTaX.
Want more details about the Expensify-Global VaTax Integration?
Reach out to email@example.com!