If you need to set up a direct deposit account to receive your reimbursement from Expensify, let's get you set up!
- Deposit accounts do not need a validation process, but withdrawal accounts do.
- Employee accounts should be added to their own Personal Settings > Reimbursement section and not in the admin's reimbursement section.
Adding a Deposit Account
Please note: If you don’t see the option to add a direct deposit account in Personal Settings > Reimbursement, then you are not a current member of your company’s expense policy OR you have not successfully upgraded to the Team or Corporate policy.
Step 1: Click 'Add Deposit Account'
Step 2: Choose your bank account provider
- Note: If your bank is not listed, click 'Other' and skip to Step 5.
Step 3: Enter your bank login credentials
- Note: If your bank requires an additional security checkpoint, you will be directed to that after the login details are entered.
Step 4: Choose your account
- Note: Please ensure the account you connect to has Direct Deposit/ACH enabled.
Step 5 (For 'Other' banks only): Enter your account information
- The deposit account is ready to receive payments when the green check mark is present in the Deposit column.
Timeframe to Receive a Deposit
For smaller reports, you'll typically receive reimbursement in one business day via Rapid Reimbursement. The default limits for this are $100 per-deposit account per-day and $10,000 per-withdrawal account per-day. If you've reached either of these limits, then no problem! We will automatically defer to the typical ACH speed (4-5 business days).
Alternatively, if your company is set up with Paypal, you may also receive a Paypal reimbursement if you don't wish to use your bank account. Please note that your company will not be able to reimburse you from any bank account.
- Paypal will not share your bank information, card information, or password with Expensify. It is only used to link your account to receive reimbursements.
- It may take between 3-5 business days for the funds to clear Paypal’s hold time and be deposited in the receiver’s account. You can speed this up dramatically by using the Paypal Balance Manager to make sure you have enough funds to cover any pending reimbursements.